(Closed) Brand Manager, Respawn – Apex Legends
Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Brand Manager with proven achievement in brand strategy, product marketing, and/or live service marketing. At EA, you will join a team that is shaping the global presence and influence across exciting franchises.
The Brand Manager for Respawn sits within the Global Brand Management team and will lead cutting-edge launch and live services marketing strategies for Apex Legends. Reporting to the Brand Marketing Director at Respawn, you will drive live services marketing executions for games for Apex Legends. The model candidate has expertise in product marketing, live services marketing, digital marketing and brand strategy. He/she must excel at marrying science and creativity to delight customers and partners, working with cross-functional teams to build strong brands. This person thrives in a dynamic, creative environment and enjoys working collaboratively.
- Drive the development and execution of live service brand and business objectives
- Collaborating with game teams and cross-functional marketing teams to architect experiences built around in-game events, grounded in consumer insights and player data, that drive ongoing engagement with the franchise.
- Envision and establish data-informed business objectives that are used to define and achieve key player and business performance targets for the franchise.
- Working closely with functional teams in publishing, creative services, channel marketing, and sales to deliver product branding, positioning, and audience insights
- Analyzing performance data, including sales and in-game data, to identify opportunities and challenges, then create strategies and tactics to drive results.
- Managing relationships with internal stakeholders across studios, publishing and other cross-functional teams ensuring alignment and accountability
- Partnering with Consumer Insights team throughout the year to test merchandising, messaging, game features (and concepts), and improve player experiences based on those findings.
- Conducting ongoing product and competitive marketing analysis to ensure consumer and market trends are informing key brand strategies
- Spearheading innovation and creative thought within the live-service marketing space
Skills / Competencies:
- Deep experience in brand management and product marketing
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Project management and coordination across functional groups and external partners.
- Strong understanding of consumer live service
- Experience building go-to-market strategies and executing tactical plans
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience taking a product or service from consumer insight, to ideation, to market
- Prior work with mobile technology, first party stores, and gaming industry data sources a plus
- Embraces working in a dynamic, flexible, ever changing environment
- BA/BS degree
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 4 years working in marketing roles at top tier companies or consumer brands.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and advanced proficiency in PowerPoint
- Passion for games is a must
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.