EA Create Audio is an award-winning team creating audio content for titles within EA STUDIOS uniting creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
The EA Create Audio team has a temporary full-time Audio Artist opportunity at our Motive studio in Montreal, Canada to contribute creatively to our future IPs. Motive is a new creative-driven studio, incubating some amazing projects aimed at redefining action games and bringing the highest quality innovative games to players.
This role entails working with core game team partners and the Audio team to help craft an end to end audio experience for ambitious new projects. As a member of the EA Create Audio team you are responsible for helping deliver a high quality and engaging game experience, as well contributing to the larger audio community.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games and sound design with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
- Create quality audio for video games
- Follow milestones and tasks, deliver content on time.
- Modify and debug in-engine audio systems.
- Ensure proper sound implementation in respect with the Audio Direction.
- Sound design of source elements and/or speech editing, naming and file organization.
- Can be called to provide support with cinematics and voice over authoring.
- Minimum of two years game audio and/or post-production experience.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of the Audio team, bringing a positive mindset and open to feedback/iteration.
- Strong artistic, creative and technical sensibilities.
- Strong knowledge of at least one major DAW (Reaper, Protools, Cubase, Live...).
- Working experience in a major game engine (Unity, Unreal)
- Knowledge of game audio engines (Wwise, Fmod)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in recording techniques and standard digital audio equipment operation.
- Knowledge of MaxMsp/PureData
- Multichannel mixing and Virtual Reality audio experience would be assets
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Motive Studios has the Means and Opportunity. Come see what you can do!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.