EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA Industrial Toys is a division of EA SPORTS dedicated to creating high-quality mobile sports games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including EA SPORTS FIFA and EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 800 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA’s top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
Here's how your day would look like:
- Act independently as a top-level contributor in architectural strategy for major, complex implementations involving high-volume, globally distributed services.
- A problem solver and hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Implement a strong architectural vision that scales for complex game services.
- Collaboratively working with other developers, artists, designers and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality cross-platform mobile solution.
- Be responsible for end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and efficiency.
- Estimate engineering effort during multiple stages of product life cycle.
- Track development deliverables and communicate their statuses, risks to global teams.
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases.
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects, and product managers.
- Ability to integrate research, conduct fail-fast POCs and implement MVPs at high velocity.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Maintain strong service catalog and up to date technical documentation.
- Establish logging, monitoring, analytics, and telemetry frameworks for the team.
- Establish & enforce strong DevOps principles across all stages of development.
- Provide guidance/mentorship and work with the junior engineering members of the team to accomplish goals
Who fits the bill:
- Extensive application development experience on Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS.
- Thorough understanding of Application lifecycle in Mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS.
- In depth knowledge on third party SDK integration, preferably, Ad SDKs such as Google, Ironsource, FAN, Vungle etc.
- Fluent in C++ or C# with strong OOP fundamentals.
- Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-threading, and runtime optimization.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- 7+ years’ experience in Games/Mobile application development.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Familiarity with the JSON and XML formats.
- Strong knowledge of architectural patterns—MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture—and the ability to choose the best solution for the application.
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Clear understanding of development using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of Crashlytics and Google Play console.
- Most important of all, you need to love games!
Nice to Have Skills:
- Previous working experience in ads-related third-party libraries, APIs, architecture, etc. a major value add.
- Experience with Game Engines and libraries like Unity, Cocos and Unreal.
- Understanding of mobile application development guidelines defined by first party - Apple and Google.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.