Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and collaborative, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to bring new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite:
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our experienced team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
As an Associate Quality Designer for Frostbite, you will partner with the development team and their customers to identify, report on, and achieve quality targets for their specialized technologies within the engine. You will be the partner of quality for your Dev team, and will work with several other quality professionals in similar roles to help determine quality standards and achieve quality goals across our many groups.
- Foster strong relationships with development partners and other stakeholders. Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met and they are updated with relevant information throughout the development cycle.
- Identify and track measurements. Analyze and use data to make informed decisions.
- Create and execute a comprehensive set of test cases and suites for the Frostbite development team.
- Prioritize and deliver on the most important work and employing strong risk management practices
- Partner with your QA colleagues to avoid cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Look for opportunities to improve the quality of your team's process and workflows.
- Proactively investigate problems to understand the root cause and fixing it with your team
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred).
- Desire to take ownership of and accountability for quality and project requirements.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio, etc).
- 1+ year of QA software testing experience in an embedded environment
It would also be nice if you have:
- Extensive experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Experience with game pipelines
- Familiarity with development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, etc).
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: EA Vancouver
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.