Associate Project Manager
We are EA
As one of the world’s largest video game developers and publishers, we have many well known titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Challenge Ahead:
People Practices has been created to bring focus and efficiency on operating EA's people programs while providing simple and awesome experiences for our employees and people managers.
The Program Management (PMO) team's goal is the enablement of this vision by bringing structure and a new way of operating as a People Experience (PE) function. The team will support tools, best practices, and efficiencies of our global programs. The team will also improve projects through the creation of playbooks and collaboration with Center of Excellence (COE) and Business Partners (BP's) /People Practices (PP's) partners.
The Associate Project Manager Is a high impact, visible role within the PE function that will be a catalyst to transforming how the function operates. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, you will be a connection point between teams, including People Operations, COEs, regional BP's and PP's.
You will work on PE's most important projects providing project management excellence to both provide the work and to create capacity and efficiency within the organization and build new ways of operating in the BP/PP model. This includes partnering and building your knowledge of functional HR areas such as talent planning, compensation planning and Talent Strategy/Workforce Planning.
You will also support establishing and governing a set of central transformation projects which are important to the PMO function. You will partner with your team to develop project management tools, supporting operational processes, and forums ensuring execution of global programs, promoting a better employee experience. You will build partnership with your immediate project team members as well as across PE, Corporate Areas and business groups and externally (e.g. best practice organizations, consultants, vendors) to ensure projects are implemented and are aligned with EA and PE specific goals and priorities.
What the Associate Project Manager does at EA:
- Manage projects as assigned; follow project management methods and standards. This includes governance controls, reporting mechanisms and identification and development of best practices to standardize processes across all departments and services. Provide project management guidance, methods, systems, tools and metrics for project delivery.
- Partner with PMO Director and senior PMO team members to scope, solution and guide work to completion while leveraging the right governance protocols to oversee project success.
- Partner with PMO Director and senior PMO team members to work with senior BP's, COEs and Regional Practices team ensuring strategic priorities and project requirements are defined, move forward as planned, and work is completed on time with quality.
- Develop project and change management plans; including internal communication campaigns for our People Practices team – developing content materials and supporting processes to inform and engage the PE global team.
- Bring best practices in project management forward to and champion across PE, partnering with other program management functions within the EA ecosystem.
- Bring best practices in process redesign forward to lead complex process redesign projects, bringing best practices and approach to process improvement, scaling across an organization, sharing out best practices and learning/delivery.
The next great Associate Project Manager at EA also needs to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field plus 3-5 years of progressive success within Human Resources as an HR Business Partner, or HR COE Program Manager.
- Knowledge of HR, including Total Rewards, L&D, Recruiting and HR Business Partnership
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, extremely resourceful, and proven ability to build business partnerships with peers and leaders
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools (Smartsheet or similar), methodologies, and best practices
- Familiar with change management methods, concepts, and awareness of how to include change and project management disciplines co-create positive project success
- Sensitivity to local culture / language norms and ability to modify communications (written/verbal) to engage a global audience
- Fluent with G-suite, Slack, virtual technologies (i.e. zoom) for facilitation
- A great sense of humor and a strong motivation to succeed!
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.