Associate Financial Analyst
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Finance plays a pivotal role in monitoring the company’s financial performance and ensuring all systems are in place to track current activity and forecast forward. There are a number of Finance roles within EA, including Accountants, Business Analysts, Financial Analysts, Finance Managers, Finance Directors, Financial Controllers, Credit Managers, and Chief Financial Officer.
Financial Analyst will be involved in financial planning analysis and reporting.
Involves working directly with Business partners in managing their budgets, standardizing/improving finance reporting processes.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for getting plan and forecast numbers loaded in the system after consulting with the business leaders.
- Responsible for reporting Actuals, comparing them with plan/latest forecast and writing commentary for major variances.
- Should be in a position to give heads up to the leaders with respect to any unforeseen expenses, Risks & Opportunities.
- Should have keen eye to details especially in situations where cost reduction is necessary and make recommendations to the leadership.
- High data accuracy & keenness on number matching is a must.
- Forecasting, Planning, and Reporting – Assist the onshore services team in monthly forecast and annual planning processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of reporting deliverables in advance of Quarterly Business Reviews, MBRs, etc.
- Work directly with global business partners and help them with the daily finance needs.
- Creation of new reports whenever there is a business team request for new report/ info.
- Regular interaction with various business partners who are operating from different locations across globe.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Senior Financial Analyst Normally Possesses
- Should be an MBA/CA/ICWA, similar experience preferred;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a divisional or corporate role (internal management reporting, forecasting, planning, analysis); Skilled user of financial database software applications;
- Demonstrated top quartile performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Key skills and capabilities include: excellent analytical and modeling skills; superior problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management team;
- Extensive knowledge of Essbase, PowerPoint and expert knowledge of Excel; attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output; energetic and inquisitive quick learner. Well versed with MS office tools especially with Excel.
- Should have working knowledge in building and modifying macros.
- Working knowledge of Oracle desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that enables clear and concise communication to all levels of management; appreciation for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment; highly motivated, self-starter;
- Comfortable interacting with executives; able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities; passionate, energetic, enthusiastic to drive results.
- Willing to work in shifts to enable interaction with team working in different time zones.
- Should be willing to travel if required.