Associate Character Artist FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Character Artist – Create- FIFA (Temporary)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The character artist is an essential role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they will create a cast of characters that populate the game universe. Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content with an imagination that is always in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data or photo references.
- 3D Character work experience in film or games.
- Skills in more than one discipline such as illustration, animation, VFX, rigging, or technical art.
- Ability to create solid wardrobe or uniform pieces
- Experience using cloth simulation.
- Experience with Substance Painter or Substance Designer.
- Love and passion for video games.
- 3+ years of experience in video games. Film and television experience would also be considered.
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling/sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Demonstrated strong understanding of anatomy skills and able to hit likeness from scratch or scanned data.
- Able to visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
- Experienced in Maya, Z-Brush, and Photoshop
- Understands Physically Based Rendering texture and material workflows.
- Understands modeling game topology with rigging and animation in mind.
- Able to ramp quickly with proprietary tools and software
- Gifted with a strong sense of proportion and composition with a superior eye for surface, color, and detail
- Efficient in use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff
- Passion for improving pipelines and artist workflows.
- Able to communicate and work as a part of a team.
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, likeness, etc. showing UV layout and all maps
- Concept- Model experience is a plus
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.