Assistant Game Designer
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Challenge Ahead:
As an Assistant Game Designer on FIFA Ultimate team, you will report to the Creative Director and work within the design team to provide features, tuning and balancing, and content creation for FIFA Ultimate Team.
- Work on the vision for the product through the design and implementation of game mode content including new ways to play, progression, economy, and reward systems.
- Contribute in the creation of engaging mechanics through iterative prototyping while maintaining EA SPORTS’ high standard of quality.
- Evolve design decisions based on regular play testing and audience feedback.
- Communicate game design and design rationale with the members of the team.
- Receive and provide critiques in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Integrate insights from quantitative data and A/B test results and always aim to improve the design.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and new platforms.
- 1+ years of experience in game development.
- You can critically think, set goals and measure progression against those goals.
- Creatively and organizationally experienced with ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
- You can conceptualize and implement game concepts using multiple tools and technologies.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Passion and experience in motion graphics and UI animation.
- Passion for making and playing games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.