Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of gamers around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Assistant European Payroll Manager
Main Purpose of the Role
- Management and oversight of the Payroll Team for UK, Israel, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, and Finland
- To ensure legislative compliance and to ensure employees are paid accurately, on time and within established tax laws.
- Ensuring deadline compliance for all Government reporting
- Work with the EUPM to identify areas where improvements can be made and put forward suitable recommendations towards changing the payroll procedures and the team's operation.
- Work with internal EA partners such as Benefits, PE, and Finance to streamline and improve those processes and build strong relationships.
- To be the point of contact for internal partners to discuss service satisfaction and any process improvements required.
- Development and management of the Local and EUR based team members to enable them to learn and grow.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking the changes for accuracy
- Getting involved in the day to day to support the team when and where needed
- Preparation of Payroll Reports for sign off by EUPM before payrolls are transmitted to bank
- Review, sign off and submission of Annual Returns
- Escalation point for the team to direct issues
- Design and implementation of Payroll deadlines and SLA’s
- Lead change throughout the European Payroll Function
- Working with the EUPM to set the team Goals and Objectives
- Team quarterly and annual review conversations
- Coaching the team to pass on the benefit of your expertise and knowledge to help them grow.
- Management of POs and invoicing
- Work with the EUPM on projects and cover when absent
- Employee and stakeholder queries
Skills and Knowledge Required
- 8+ years’ experience in a busy payroll function
- People Management
- Excellent MS Excel experience
- Educated to a good standard
- Holds a relevant Payroll Qualification
- Expertise in international payroll legislation
- Fluent spoken and written English
- The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate the ability to cope when under pressure, be a team player and still provide a first class, customer focused service.
- Ability to lead a high performing team of professional payroll specialists
- Change management expertise
- Strong autonomy
- The ideal candidate will be resourceful in finding solutions or improved ways of approaching tasks, investigating the local legalisations if needed, and creating processes when required.
- Degree of technical expertise coupled with a meticulous, methodical approach to tasks and responsibilities. Controls focussed
- Strong interactions skills to be able to deal daily with PE and Finance managers, and also as this role deals with employees/managers at all levels and in various areas of the Business
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks
Please note that the nature of our business may require that certain aspects of this job description may be subject to modification and change during the individual's period of employment.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.