We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As a Senior QA engineer, you should be able to drive QA planning and execution. This includes planning the QA test strategy, tools, plans and execution. You would be responsible for end to end ownership of QA for the team and would bring in best practices and execution in all aspects of QA, including automation, performance, functional and regression testing.
- Own QA strategy for the team.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure QA team meets the system quality requirements.
- Provide QA level of effort estimates for Internal and External applications.
- Design test plan, develop and execute test cases.
- Lead a QA team and guide them in building and executing right QA test cases.
- Track and adhere to well-defined SLAs and QA KPIs.
- Hands on approach in defining and improving automation, performance, manual, functional and regression testing.
- Collaborate with development team in planning prioritizing and delivering quality products and programs.
- Partner with peers in software engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to world class products and services
- Follow industry trends on QA technologies, tools and techniques.
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Work with UAT team for providing build handoffs and smooth transition.
- Managing and maintaining environments for different projects.
- Give demos/feature walk throughs to stakeholders.
The next great EA Senior QA Engineer also needs:
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience in Quality assurance working on customer facing highly available, heavy load bearing mission critical desktop, mobile and warehousing applications
- 8+ years of experience in Manual and Automation with mandatory hands-on 2-3 years of experience in automation using Selenium
- Sound understanding QA stages, tools and techniques.
- Strong experience in QA tools such as cucumber, Testlink, selenium, JMeter etc.
- Strong experience working on Single Page Applications.
- Strong experience on testing APIs including load testing.
- Some experience with AWS and cloud in general is preferred.
- Some understanding of full stack including backend and databases.
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, Nginx) and familiarity with Windows/Unix/Linux
- Experience working on teams and/or open source projects
- Strong knowledge and experience with custom application development and agile SDLC
- Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Continuous and fast learner willing to learn and help wherever the help is required to complete the job.
- Experience in Development, Support, Maintenance, and Enhancement projects
- Excellent Troubles
- Sense of humour
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.