At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and in delivering fantastic experiences to our players. Our portfolio includes 'Forza Street' and 'Hot Wheels id,' with 'Assassin's Creed VR' and electrifying AAA console games currently in development and even more about to start! Together with 3 studios, 150 people, 8 projects (and our studio dogs!), we offer world-class projects with a unique studio culture to ensure our teams feel empowered and inspired
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
ES Brighton is looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Technical Designer to join our Brighton based team working on an exciting, new and unannounced project.
A Technical Designer at Electric Square:
- Realises game features in-engine
- Works closely with the engineering team to help architect new features
- Works closely with game systems and integrate code into a live product
- Builds and implement player facing features and UI
- Liaises between the design team and engineering team to ensure features and tools are built appropriately
- 1+ years of professional experience in mobile or console game development with at least one released project as a technical designer
- Hands on experience with designer tools and proficient with commercial or proprietary game engines
- Proficient in C#
- Worked with game engines such as Unreal / Unity
Please let us know if you also have:
- Experience working in Live Ops
- Proficient in UE4 Blueprints
- Able to concisely articulate game concepts and analyse game mechanics
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of industry standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Shipped one AAA console or mobile game.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising in conjunction with the code team.
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently.
- A professional 'can do' attitude and a strong team player.
- Highly self-motivated with a positive mental attitude and pride in delivering quality.
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills.