ES Singapore is a brand-new studio with big ambitions and a forward-thinking approach to game development, following in the footsteps of its world-class HQ in Brighton, United Kingdom. We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
The Technical Artist is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. The TA will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and difficulty and have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad-reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and cutting-edge visuals.
This is a future-facing role, in addition to current best practices and competitive awareness you will understand emerging trends and technologies in video game content and make strategic recommendations as to how they may benefit and/or impact project development.
The TA makes critical contributions to key initiatives and projects and participates in setting product vision within the studio. Areas the TA is responsible for include visual R&D, performance monitoring, authoring content for in-game use, as well as tool and pipeline development.
What you will be doing
- Collaborating with the art team to ensure their efficiency and advise on any technical issues that arise. Help them communicate their needs to the development team.
- Creatively solving technical challenges and limitations to maximise cutting edge visuals within hardware limitations.
- Creating tools, scripts and pipelines to author visual content and ensure maximum optimisation.
- Teaming with other technical experts within the company to define clear goals for the toolset, pipeline and construction processes.
- Prototyping, developing, profiling and implementing procedural VFX (particles, post processing, shaders, …).
- Driving the creation of complex procedural and physically based content.
We are open to discussing remote working options; this is dependant on experience
Programming languages: C#, Python, MAXScript, MEL, HLSL, PowerShell,
Skills: VFX, Pipeline Development, Shaders, Lighting, Tool development, Optimisation,
Software/Tools: Unreal Engine, Unity, Houdini, 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Perforce
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by one of Singapore’s incredible caterer’s. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays - 19 days’ annual leave entitlement plus an additional 4 days studio closure over the end of year festive period plus all Singapore bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Team Project Bonuses (usually paid when product ships/launches)
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme – You will be entitled to participate in the Company’s private medical & dental insurance scheme.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – $90 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Tech Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy Tech, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy a bicycle/bicycle accessory, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
- Free Fresh Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday!
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron to say a big thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to Electric Square.
- Free roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Breakfast Bars – For when you need that extra boost at breakfast time.
- Fresh Fruit – Provided daily.
- Cookies & Biscuits – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra's Beer Fridge – Free beers, ales. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- Fantastic studio in the centre of Singapore.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Singapore has to offer.
- Christmas & Summer Parties – Fantastically fun Summer and Christmas parties!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.