At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and making a fantastic experience for our players. The past year has seen our first full releases in Hot Wheels id and Forza Street , with other exciting top-secret projects currently in development and even more about to kick start! Together with four studios, 150 people, five projects (and our studio dogs!) we can offer world-class projects with unique studio culture to make staff feel empowered and inspired.
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
An Animator at Electric Square will work as part of the animation team with a primary focus on creating and implementing gameplay character move sets. The role will also encompass cut scene and narrative-based sequences and supporting in world animations as required. Due to the focus on gameplay-related animation, you will have a deep understanding of how your artistry can positively impact the quality of the player experience.
An Animator at Electric Square:
- Is Responsible for the creation and integration of world-class combat and character animations in the game engine.
- Creates inspiring animation for both Bipeds and creature-based character designs.
- Applys animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction.
- Works in close collaboration with the art director, lead animator, game designers, and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capabilities to deliver on AAA quality for your work objectives.
- Communicates and working closely with game designers and programmers to find effective solutions or fix issues and achieve goals in time.
- Quickly prototype and previsualize animation systems and ideas that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions.
- Supports the requirements for in-game cut-scenes and performance animation as required.
- Animation production experience on at least one shipped AAA character action game.
- Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines (ideally to include UE4).
- Exceptional key frame animation skills and a reel that showcases world leading animation quality in character and creature move sets, combat animation and other related gameplay animation systems.
- Expert level of understanding of the principals of animation.
- Strong understanding of animation and how it applies to game play.
- A passion for character animation, playing games and film.
- Character rigging and or modelling skills is advantageous.
- Traditional art skills a distinct advantage. Life drawing ability, understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Prior experience of motion capture pipelines and data management is advantageous.
- A passionate and self-motivated individual, willingness to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize one's own tasks and be responsive to deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and proactively resolve them