Senior DevOps Specialist
PERMANENT - FULL TIME
SENIOR DEVOPS SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: SENIOR TECHNICAL M ANAGER
Square Enix is looking for an experienced DevOps Systems Administrator to join our Global Online Services Division (OSD) Operations Team.
The OSD Operations team focuses on designing and managing the infrastructure hosting public-facing online services, including websites, complex web applications, online game servers and backends, and data analytics platforms.
With the important growth of critical applications relying on this infrastructure throughout the company, we are implementing a “follow the sun” approach with members in London, Montreal, the US west coast, and on-call activities (24x7).
The OSD Operations team is keen on adopting the latest advanced technologies and putting in place a DevOps methodology to help in delivering the best games in the industry.
Working for Square Enix also means working close to game teams on exciting projects that have a high value for the company.
- Design, implement and manage multi-provider public and private cloud infrastructure (including container management, configuration management, orchestration/scaling systems );
- Optimize availability and scaling requirements;
- Partner with Dev teams during design and implementation phases and for troubleshooting activities ;
- Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded;
- Liaise with the other subject matter experts and 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues;
- Create and maintain documentation on systems architecture, processes, workflows and playbooks to respond to alerts;
- Participate in general improvement of the infrastructure;
- Participate in on-call activities when required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ year-experience working in a Sysadmin / DevOps Engineer / SRE role for a medium sized company supporting large scale, complex production infrastructure
- Linux system administration
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Design, implementation and management of infrastructure
- Hybrid cloud production environment with IaaS / PaaS Public cloud (preferably GCP and AWS ) as well as on-premises infrastructure
- Websites and web applications management experience
- Highly available systems, distributed and clustered systems
- Container technologies and orchestration ( Kubernetes , Docker)
- SQL and noSQL databases
- System automation (deployment and configuration management), ex: Puppet / Chef/ Ansible / SaltStack
- Infrastructure as Code, ex: Terraform , CloudFormation
- Alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions, e.g. Prometheus, grafana , kibana , icinga , observer, cacti, logstash , rsyslog , graylog
- Security background ( base knowledge, certificate management, Hashicorp Vault)
- Continuous integration / continuous delivery (Jenkins, GoCD or other tools usage)
- Version control solutions, e.g. Git
- Relevant industry certifications ( e.g. AWS / GCP certification: DevOps / SysOps / Architect; Linux related) (nice to have)
- Experience of working in gaming industry (nice to have)
INTERPERSONAL QUALITIES :
- Interest in working towards high quality standards, finding the right solutions, following best practices
- Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Highly motivated and "self-starting"
- Team player
- Motivated to share knowledge and open to constructive challenging by the team
- Willing to work outside of the standard business hours when required
MOTIVATION AND INTERESTS:
Ambition and passion for video games are strong assets.