(Closed) Lead Engineer @ esports tech start-up
Edge is the critical infrastructure for gaming and esports. Our goal is to be the “one-stop-shop” for the industry by providing contracts, payments and data solutions to the gaming and esports ecosystem.
Our platform allows for leagues, teams, and gamers to form legally binding and commercially stable relationships with our proprietary tech. Furthermore, we provide brands with a gateway to the industry stakeholders by giving them access to a verifiable database of performance and social data.
Edge is backed by key industry partners and the founding team has experience in gaming, esports, legal, blockchain and building technology startups.
About the role
You will lead and scale the product development function comprising of engineering, product management and design.
You will work directly with the executive team and our industry partners to define the company’s product roadmap and you will ruthlessly prioritise shipping high quality products to our end users.
- Work with the executive team and industry partners to define core product development strategy and roadmap
- Build a world class product development team comprising of engineers, product managers and designers
- Work with outsourcing partners and over time bring a substantial part of product development in house
- Deliver a high quality product to market - you will handle prioritization, risk mitigation and scheduling to ensure delivery to our end users
- Work cross functionally with sales and marketing to drive adoption of the Edge platform
Required Engineering specific skills
- 3-5 years’ experience designing secure and scalable engineering systems to solve business problems
- Ability to write high quality, well tested code - helpful languages & frameworks (NodeJS, Go, React, MongoDB)
- Strong understanding of a few of the following: Distributed systems; Cryptography; Networking; System scalability; Security; Algorithms
- Experience of API integrations
- BS in a technical degree, preferably Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Leadership / Management skills
- Ability to build and scale an engineering team
- Strong communication skills - particularly translating tech to non-tech and vice versa
- Hiring experience
- Management experience
- Strong understanding of how to manage product management and design functions
Nice to have but not necessary!
- Familiarity with current blockchain technologies and smart contracts
- Experience working in a startup
- Speaking experience at technical conferences
- Writing experience in public blogs or other venues
- An interest in esports and/or gaming
- Build the “go-to” solution for esports and gaming infrastructure
- High impact position with autonomy to drive product vision and development
- Define company culture at an early stage, well-funded start-up
- Fun, flexible working environment based in central London
- Travel (or not if you don’t want!) to global esports events
Adam Whyte (CEO) - Former sports lawyer for AS Roma, Sevilla CF, and Shakhtar Donetsk. Youngest lead counsel before the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Founder of Edge and LDN UTD.
Jess Houlgrave (COO) - Forbes 30 under 30, co-founder of Codex Protocol and shEOS. Blockchain evangelist, startup addict.
David Yarnton (Chairman) - GM of Nintendo UK & Ireland for 17 years. Former Director of Gfinity. Advisor to the British Esports Association. Chairperson of Esports Sub-group of Ukie.
This is a full-time role based in London with competitive rates of pay and equity for suitable candidates.
If this sounds like a match please reach out to us at the email address attached below.