Echtra Games is looking for an ANIMATOR to join our growing team on a new cross platform ARPG project. The Animator will create a large range of animations for various characters and creatures to add life and personality to the in-game world. Successful candidates will possess the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Animation Director, artists, and game designers to support the artistic vision of our project.
We are a small game studio in San Francisco with a team of veteran game developers. At Echtra, we value diversity and support work-life balance. We have great benefits, an open vacation policy, and flexible schedules.
- Provide GAMEPLAY ANIMATION for the human, creature, and mechanical-based characters that inhabit the game world.
- Work closely with the Animation Director to ensure that the needs of the game design are met.
- A demonstration reel that showcases a strong understanding of the principles of animation.
- 3+ years of game industry experience as an Animator within a Maya based pipeline with at least one shipped title.
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate team dynamics and iteration on the feedback from your Director.
- A self motivated artist with a great team-player attitude that is passionate about animation.
- Experience with the Unreal game engine.
- Demonstration of various styles from realistic to snappy pose-to-pose character animation using techniques including key frame and motion capture.
- An ability to communicate visually through drawings or paintovers.
- A passion for games and visual storytelling.
- Never satisfied with work that is “good enough.”
**Please send a link to your latest demo reel and any applicable materials.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
HIRING UPDATE: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.