WHAT IMPACT CAN A SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG?
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be hands-on with our systems, tools and features to build player-first, world-class mobile titles for millions of players globally. Working across our titles in Live Operations, you’ll solve complex problems across the entire stack, raising the technical bar for idle games. We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Implement game enhancements, features and bug fixes to our major titles in Live Operations – Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, It’s Always Sunny: The Gang Goes Mobile and Bud Farm: Idle Tycoon. You’ll work across the entire stack
- Be hands-on, tackling our engineering goals head-on through the implementation of high quality, well-structured and documented code
- Design and implement systems and architecture for our live games and any future projects!
- Collaborate closely with our Designers and provide improvements to our processes, workflows and tools
- Maintain and innovate our existing tools for content creation, adding new functionalities and improving the engineering workflows
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A minimum of 3 years building high-quality production software systems
- Production level knowledge of C# and Unity is essential
- Some backend experience is a plus, particularly experience integrating and/or creating REST API’s.
- Experience working with cloud services like AWS and GCP.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies.
- A shipped mobile title or personal gaming projects you’re proud of building
- An understanding of professional software engineering best practices, such as code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing
- Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion
- Accessible communication skills, both written and orally
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.