Senior DevOps Engineer
WHAT IMPACT CAN A SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG?
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll deliver on the scale and responsiveness of our back-end systems to support our games in Live Operations. Work extensively with AWS, you will build the infrastructure and tools to enable our Engineers to launch features efficiently and fault-tolerant. We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and implement the DevOps direction for the studio.
- Mentor Intermediate and Associate level DevOps Engineers.
- Design and implement code pipelines with Jenkins (CI/CD).
- Managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to coordinate software release and increase the speed/frequency of deployments.
- Creating alerts/monitors on pipelines and production environments.
- Automating manual tasks to make software development faster.
- Managing Jenkins installations with ephemeral slaves.
- Developing dockerized base images to be used by other teams.
- Implement and maintain backend game features for specific titles.
*** Duties & responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- At least 5+ year of experience with DevOps pipelines, with a strong preference for a background in games.
- 3+ years experience working with AWS, empowering your teams to scale and grow.
- Production experience with CI/CD tools and automation languages.
- Experience working with containerized applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion.
- Accessible communication skills, both written and orally.
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- You enjoy games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally... And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our Referral Bonus! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!