Human Resources Business Partner
East Side Games is on the lookout for a HR Business Partner to join our growing team! As a HR Business Partner, you’ll develop, nurture and support our amazing people as we continue to grow our remote-first team. People are at the core of what you do and you’ll use your human-first interpersonal skills to co-lead the HR vision, continue to evolve our safe & inclusive workspace and enhance the employee experience.
We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications in Canada.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assess and resolve complex and diverse employee relations.
- Work closely with management, leadership and ESG colleagues to ensure tools and policies are aligned.
- Connect with our people to enhance the employee experience and drive happiness and performance.
- Develop, coach, and build the internal capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organizational issues.
- Own and drive HR projects and initiatives such as onboarding, offboarding, career development, demonstrate best practices within HR, leadership and integration of HR processes within ESG
- Provide creative solutions to evolve, improve and streamline our HR processes
- Support the development of and/or implementation of change management policies, procedures, and educating our team on best practices.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 3+ years’ experience as a HR Advisor/Generalist in a tech/gaming/software-related industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources, or related discipline. Relevant industry experience is totally acceptable too!
- CHRP designation or enrolment is preferred.
- Passionate about creating healthy organizations, driving change and developing a diverse and safe work environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of BC Employment and Human Rights Legislation.
- Able to garner trust and provide sound counsel and coaching.
- Ability to connect with people on a human level, both written & orally.
- Strong ability to have fun, laugh, and not take everything so seriously!
TO COMPLEMENT OUR CURRENT TEAM, YOU ARE:
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and have the attitude to get things done
- Hungry and humble, you place the needs of the project first
- Unafraid to bring ideas to the table
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious
- A fan of games, in particular, mobile games!
- Your values are governed by diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge brands IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly 2SLGBTQIA+QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together