Associate Producer - Live Ops!
WHAT IMPACT CAN AN ASSOCIATE PRODUCER HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games is on the lookout for an Associate Producer to join our successful mobile game team for It’s Always Sunny: The Gang Goes Mobile. As our dedicated Associate Producer, you'll come armed with strong production/project management experience acquired in a game development environment. You'll use this skill set to support and add huge value to our talented team of Engineers, Artists, Designers, Writers and QA Analysts. On top of this, you’ll also work closely with our game Producer to make sure live-ops content is on track and that client updates go out smoothly to our very dedicated fans.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Drive decisions using core KPIs, creating a business case for desired work as needed.
- Can own multiple features up to a small individual game, from project conception through development, and into LiveOps.
- Ability to manage performance of 3-5 multidisciplinary reports.
- Prioritize tasks for multiple features simultaneously.
- Unblock teams by spearheading problem-solving and risk mitigation at a feature level.
- Communicate progress at the sprint and milestone level within cross-functional teams (designers, engineers, artists, community, and QA) as well as studio stakeholders to keep the project moving forward.
- Owns, tracks, reports upon progress, and adjusts as issues arise
- Lead the team when the Producer is unavailable: assign tasks and manage teams of designers, engineers, artists, customer support and QA testers.
- Understand and keep up with game market trends/patterns, customer requirements, and vendor platform/relationships.
- Track and update project management documents including status reports, project plans, localization, communications plan, post-mortems and other historical information.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- 2+ years in production or project management position.
- Understanding and experience applying waterfall, agile, and hybrid development methodologies.
- Shipped titles (or apps) through Apple or Google Play store.
- Team player with strong collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Hungry, self motivated, diligent, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to provide and accept direction in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and grow with ambitions of running your own development team.
- A passion for social and mobile games
- Experience working in a Live-ops environment
- Solid understanding of core KPIs related to engagement, retention, conversion, and monetization and ideal targets
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- A mobile game fan. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and have the attitude to get things done.
- A risk-taker, and you gain your biggest learnings through them.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and data-driven.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly but with intention
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We’re also a remote-first studio and encourage all applications!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!