(Closed) Esports Arena Assistants
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking two part-time Esports Arena Assistants from April 15 to August 30, 2019. The incumbent will work up to 20 hours per week at the Oshawa campus, at a rate of $14.00 per hour. Schedule subject to change and flexibility to schedule evenings/ weekends may be required.
Reporting to the Manager, DC Esports Arena, the incumbent will work with the full time Esports Arena staff, and assist with the effective operation of the new DC Esports Arena. In conjunction with the Esports Arena staff, the incumbent will be responsible for a number of activities, including, but not limited to; answering the phone, ringing in sales, booking events, monitoring the floor, support/clean up as required, answering questions, and de-escalating potential situations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor/run the Esports Arena, including answering of phones, welcoming guests, taking payments, and monitoring the Gaming floor.
- Report directly to the Manager on any ongoing issues and daily operations.
- Acts as the first line of contact for resolution. Triage of computer/gaming or network issues. Either swap out or forward to IT as required. Determines escalation of issues to the Manager or Campus Security.
- Wipe down stations for the next available guest. Scan the Esports Arena and clean up as required.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding sales, inventory, and equipment/game popularity for the most effective delivery of Gaming services.
- Ensure POS system is functioning properly and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Handling sales transactions.
- Identify/highlight marketing opportunities and work with the Manager to develop a marketing plan.
- Two-year diploma or equivalent in Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Gaming, Software Development or Computers.
- Gaming experience and interest is required.
- Minimum of one year experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities proficiently.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.