Senior Game Designer
Dubit are looking for a passionate game designer to work on multiplayer children's games.
Experience designing multiplayer games, mobile games, social games or toy play apps is preferred. Some Unity or Roblox knowledge will be extremely beneficial.
Set up in 1999, we are an established studio based in Leeds who build and deliver large scale children's app and game projects for international clients such as Mattel, Lego, Disney, PBS Kids, the BBC and Nickelodeon.
We have a huge variety of projects and technologies, so there’s always something new and interesting to work on. We’re looking for smart and adaptable people that can work at all levels with a proven record of delivering successful projects.
Job Description: Senior Games Designer
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Ensure that the game vision is followed throughout the development process by all involved
- Author the Game Design Document
- Supervise the complete design process for new features and mechanics
- Fine-tune the game vision if necessary
- Proactively find problems with the gameplay and come up with solutions
- Define the overall creative vision and specific feature requirements to the team
- Excellent written communication skills
- A good understanding of what makes an engaging game/app
- Understanding of UI/UX challenges
- A strong knowledge of game balancing, pacing mechanics and system design
- Provide expert knowledge and implementation on casual / mobile mechanics with a focus on retention and replayability.
- Multiplayer game experience preferred
- Coding not needed but an understanding of the medium is essential (Unity/Roblox)
- Experience in children’s games is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of Agile methodologies and Jira is beneficial
If this sounds like you, please apply using the application form; salary and benefits offered are dependent on experience. We look forward to hearing from you!