Dubit is looking for a Product Owner to join us in building digital educational products for some of the biggest names in the industry.
We are a growing team encompassing a broad range of projects and technologies, based around kid's digital media. We are all busy during the day building large scale app and game projects for kids with a unique approach based on a winning combination of expertise, research and Agile development. We have a huge variety of projects and technologies, so there’s always something new and interesting to work on.
The Product Owner works with the clients and the scrum teams to deliver quality products. This person sees strategic ideas through from design and testing to implementation and launch. We believe in creating great products through iterations, using empirical data in our product design and development process.
The ideal candidate will be curious, have a strong attention to detail, strong communication skills, as well as a passion for engaging and well designed products.
- Subject Matter Expert
- Keeping up to date with the educational industry and be able to make product design decisions. As well as other trends and identifying opportunities that can be applied to the educational industry.
- Develop a product strategy
- Guide the team towards goals that meet the needs of both the end user and client. Ensure stakeholders have a solid understanding of the product.
- Manage product releases
- Draft and distribute product briefs to ensure the smooth introduction of each new release. Answer questions and troubleshoot issues throughout the release lifecycle.
- Practice customer-centric development
- Work with clients to understand their unique needs and pain points. Capture and share client feedback with the team to best investigate ways to create a solution. Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure features and functionality are meeting market needs in new and innovative ways. Report the success of the products and strategize improvements needed.
- Agile Management
- Run daily rituals like scrum, backlog grooming, planning, and retrospective for a cross-functional team. Monitor the progress of issues and provide solutions for the development team.
- Minimum of four years experience as a product owner or similar.
- Proven results influencing stakeholders and displaying improvements.
- Ability to translate complex problems and ideas into easily understood descriptions.
- Comfortable presenting to clients and other stakeholders via teleconference and meetings independently.
- Strong understanding of Agile Scum principles.
- Due to the nature of Dubit's work successful, we are required to complete an enhanced DBS check on successful candidates.
- Free parking
- Walking distance to city centre
- Healthcare scheme
- Great open plan working environment
- Training and personal development schemes
- Free fruit, snacks and drinks (including Friday beers)
- Company events - Hack days, shutdown days Cinema trips
- Regular events - D&D night, 5 a side football, social events
- Access to the latest VR products
- Take your birthday off
- Creative and fun company culture