Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer
Dubit is looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join us in building products for some of the biggest names in the children’s entertainment business.
We are a team building large scale apps and game projects for international clients such as Mattel, PBS, LEGO, The BBC, Go Noodle, Match Attax, and many more. We have a huge variety of projects and technologies, so there’s always something new and interesting to work on, from educational platforms through to mobile and augmented reality games.
We’re looking for smart and adaptable people that can work at all levels of our stack with a proven record of delivering successful projects. We only accept the best developers; if you think that’s you, please apply!
Flexibility and Location
This is a remote position, for individuals living in the UK or less than 2 hours outside of the UK timezone.
The office in Leeds will also be at your disposal, post lockdown.
What will you do?
- Build Ruby on Rails APIs and platforms for our, content platforms, educational projects or multiplayer games
- Collaborate within your multi-disciplined agile team to deliver the best implementation of a feature
- Share and influence within the Ruby on Rails cross-team to improve best practice
- Perform and receive regular code reviews
- Conducting pair programming where beneficial
- Planning work in an agile Scrum process
What is required?
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Understanding of concepts such as MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles and best practices used to create scalable applications
- Experience in database technologies (SQL, MongoDB etc)
- Experience using source control (GIT, SVN etc)
- Proven track record of building fully functional web applications
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English.
Other nice to haves
- Knowledge of continuous integration and up to date release management practices
- Experience in writing tests and conducting test-driven development
- Knowledge of Agile software development practices
- Understanding of web development best practices including concurrency, performance, caching and security concerns
- Knowledge of front end frameworks such as templating engines or single page app frameworks is useful
- Some DevOps knowledge and experience with cloud services such as AWS is a plus
If this sounds like you, please apply using the application form; the salary and benefits offered are dependent on experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
You must be able to provide documents to prove eligibility to work in the UK. Due to the nature of Dubit's work you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check as part of the employment process.
- Use of various VR technologies
- Have your birthday off from work
- And much more!