Senior Backend Engineer
We are the world’s first interactive luxury styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are a fast-growing digital platform led by industry experts from the app technology, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds. DREST is in early access mode and can be found and downloaded on the App Store.
We are centred around gamification, entertainment and content, DREST combines state of the art technology with in-game fashion styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time news content feed reflecting daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves in how diverse this allows for our teams to be. Not only are we bringing Tech, Gaming & Luxury Fashion together, we are also bringing a variety of cultures closer together.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will be reporting to our Technical Delivery Manager. You will build and maintain technology to support the studio and teams across Drest. You will work in close collaboration with our game teams and enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
You are passionate about new technologies, system development, large scale systems and ideally games! Naturally proactive, you will actively contribute with ideas and solutions and thrive working in an ever-evolving environment as Drest grows, both as a product and company.
What you will do..
- Design and implement new systems, services and features.
- Write magnificent code and review your peers’ in a collaborative environment using proven design patterns and experiential wisdom.
- Make quick, sound estimates and propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Identify and drive codebase improvements with your peers.
- Plan against and tackle new challenges that arise during development.
- Optimize our stack for performance and scalability.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies that help us grow the business
- Work closely with your Technical Delivery Manager to deliver features for the teams across Drest.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions to improve the team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing.
- Collaborate and communicate with other teams to define and build features to meet expectations.
- Contribute to a positive development culture and create a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Adapt and grow with Drest, a dynamic environment and regularly learn and share.
What you will bring..
- Development experience supporting a live product in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in architecting, designing and implementing server-side components, features and systems for a scalable live product.
- Expertise in at least one server-side language (e.g. Node/Typescript, Python, C#, Java, PHP) with a desire to develop in Typescript.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Couchbase) and caching technologies (e.g. Redis).
- Experience in designing, implementing and working with APIs and microservices.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals (design patterns, architecture at scale, maintainability over time, data structures, robust API design, etc.).
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and proficient in the use of source control solutions such as GIT.
- Good grasp of Agile principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
What else you could bring but is not essential..
- Experience with AWS or other cloud service providers
- Experience with Terraform
- C# and Unity Knowledge.
- Client development experience.
- Familiarity with game architecture and technologies (gameplay, economy, graphics, etc.).
- Good understanding of the challenges involved in maintaining, iterating and scaling a product.
- Experience supporting the implementation of 3rd parties SDKs (e.g. Facebook, Firebase, etc.).
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize responsiveness and do operations in the background.
- Experience with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA.
- A passion for games, including mobile.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
- and more!