3D Environment Artist
At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as the overall direction of our company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As we begin crafting game experiences that bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a multi-faceted 3D Environment Artist with an explorer’s mind set to join us on our journey. You will work alongside our small art team as you get up close and personal with a variety of creative tasks facing our studio in its early days. As an inventive problem solver, we hope you love nothing more than multitasking your way through some of the most impactful assignments we will face, all while helping to realize the visual personality of our very first game.
- As our first 3D Environment Artist on the team, we expect that you have at least 5 years experience building 3D art for games and/or applications across multiple platforms.
- You possess strong art skills and extensive knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, Marmoset, and/or similar technologies utilized in the production of modern game art.
- As an ideal candidate you are able to create the art for an entire game level; including level objects, props, and terrain at the top quality available on next-gen consoles and/or mobile devices. In addition, you will help establish lighting, optimize assets, and help define asset creation workflows/tools.
- You have expertise in a modern game engine, such as Unity or Unreal
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates assets developed in a modern pipeline
- As a 3D Environment Artist, you will work on 3D concept/design, modeling, texturing, and/or lighting game environments.
- You have the interest and willingness to help manage and provide direction on outsourced environment art.
- You have a strong understanding of form, shape, structure, composition, and silhouette as it relates to world building.
- You will work directly with level design to build atmospheric environments with a focus on composition, detail and mood, while ensuring that the gameplay space is readable.
- You thrive in a highly-autonomous, small team environment with the mindset of game developer first, artist second.
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out! Please be sure to include a digital portfolio along with your resume and cover letter.
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.