Mid/Senior Game Designer (Competitive Multiplayer)
We're looking for an incredibly passionate PvP Content Designer to join the Dream Harvest Family full time at our office in Brighton.
You'll have a passion for crafting competitive and deep strategic gameplay experiences and also have some technical knowledge (e.g. using game engine/editors).
You'll be working side by side with our Lead Designer / Gameplay Programmer, Milcho, building exciting gameplay content in our PVP modes; you’ll also work with our Narrative Designer, Danny, to ensure that content synergizes with the story.
You'll have experience working on at least one AAA or large Indie PC / Console game and experience with working in a game engine (Unity, Unreal, etc), and solid experience scripting in any scripting language.
- Craft compelling PvP content to encourage interesting decision making
- Create exciting and robust gameplay mechanics for set content
- Work closely with other disciplines to implement game mechanics
- Take feedback from Milcho, our Lead Designer, to improve workflows and support features
- Create varied, unique and balanced content that considers other modes, such as Co-Op.
- Help to make sure gameplay is always balanced, fun and exciting for our players.
- 4 years Experience as a Game Designer in an established studio.
- Shipped at least one console or PC game
- Content implementation using a game engine (Unity, Unreal etc)
- Excellent understanding of the design principles behind games including systems, mechanics and dynamics
- Excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and capable of quickly turning a design specification into a playable feature
- Able to collaborate with other designers, programmers/engineers and other staff at all levels
- Passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, Level Design, Content Design, Tools
- Strategy game development experience (or passion)
WORKING AT DREAM HARVEST
At Dream Harvest, we're a small team building big, genre-defining experiences. We pride ourselves on the multi-disciplined nature of our team and it's important for us that every member of the team has a voice in the direction we take our games and studio. Working at Dream Harvest, your work will have a serious impact and will be integral to the success of our games. You'll get the chance to work closely with all the other disciplines at the studio and really put your stamp on everything we work on.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours and laid-back atmosphere
- Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Wednesday studio lunch
- Board Gaming Nights
- Skill Sharing Days / Events and more.