Lead Game Designer (Remote/Brighton,UK)
Dream Harvest is an award-winning start-up game studio building AA experiences that challenge the status quo when it comes to genres.
With a focus on building online, live games for PC and Consoles with a narrative and community-driven focus; we aim to create AAA like experiences but with the small team creativity and agility found in indie studios.
We're currently looking to bring on board an experienced Lead Game Designer to take ownership over the core design of our in-development strategy title, NeuroSlicers while pushing the boundaries of design here at Dream Harvest while helping us build extraordinary experiences for our players.
This role is offered on a Remote or on-site basis at our Brighton office.
- Delivering the game design vision for features and projects. You will lead the design and execution of bold beats - new features that boost the game’s performance and give marketing great opportunities to expand the reach of the game.
- Lead your design team day to day, giving them mentorship and support, having regular one-to-ones and working closely with them to ensure they are delivering high-quality design work.
- Have a clear and concise communication style, able to easily share and evangelise the product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, leads and other key partners.
- Working with other disciplines, including Economy Designers, Production as well as Art, Narrative, UX and Engineering to respond to opportunities in the game.
- Design, prototype and balance a roster of Units, Buildings and powers that players want to collect, deploy and use in fun and diverse combinations
- Post-launch, you will lead a content team that designs, implements and balances a roster of new content, based on delighting a large live community of players
- Understand the impact on key KPI’s; work closely with the team to get them smoothly into content releases that drive value to the player.
- Keen interest in the current market and what players want. Observing/analysing user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve or fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- You will lead design reviews/evaluations on a regular basis. Respond to emergent QA and design issues and problems in development. You will these are addressed to meet product goals and release plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A seasoned game design lead, with experience leading a design team, directing work and mentoring / coaching staff, specifically on Live Games.
- Understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn visions into fully developed game mechanics.
- Have strong attention to detail and understand the importance of balance and strong system design.
- Great experience at writing design specifications and building and iterating playable prototypes.
- You are able to mentor and support a varied team of designers with different areas of speciality and experience.
- Knowledge about both mobile and PC/Console games and the key design trends and opportunities that will shape the industry in the future.
- An elegant, straightforward and confident communicator.
- A demonstrable interest in Action Strategy games.
- A real passion for gaming, especially online / live games.
- You can speak with assuredness about what makes games special and where opportunities are to deliver fantastic player experiences.
- Shipped a successful strategy game on PC/Console
WORKING AT DREAM HARVEST
At Dream Harvest, we're a small team building big, genre-defining experiences. We pride ourselves on the multi-disciplined nature of our team and it's important for us that every member of the team has a voice in the direction we take our games and studio. Working at Dream Harvest, your work will have a serious impact and will be integral to the success of our games. You'll get the chance to work closely with all the other disciplines at the studio and really put your stamp on everything we work on.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours and laid-back atmosphere
- Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Wednesday studio lunch
- Board Gaming Nights
- Skill Sharing Days / Events and more.