Senior Unity Developer
Draw & Code is a studio that specialises in the exciting and cutting edge world of immersive technologies. Our niche is in the intersection of AR, VR and immersive experience with games and games technology. The work that we do has gained recognition from industry leaders – we even boast patents relating to XR. Our projects are split between work-for-hire for and product development.
We are now looking for a senior Unity developer to join our team of visionaries in the heart of Liverpool. Our 20+ creative problem solvers share a passion about the potential of emerging technology; we hope that you will share this same excitement.
With experience with real-time engine technology, preferably on a commercial level, you will be both capable and excited to tackle cutting edge R&D work, using Unity 3D, AR Foundation, Vuforia and other XR platforms, alongside developing and working on Draw & Code’s own pipeline production tools. alongside being able to work as part of a team, in an efficient and productive way.
While the studio is currently operating remotely, there will be some requirements to be present in the studio or on-site for location-based work at a later date.
As a senior Unity developer at Draw & Code, you will be able to work in a responsible and agile way, managing your workload effectively. You will be committed to keeping your skills, knowledge and understanding of your field up to date.
- 3-5 years commercial experience in developing games or interactive experiences as part of a team.
- Deep understanding of the Unity game engine and its main components.
- Experience with mobile AR technologies: ARKit, ARCore, ARFoundation, XR Interaction Toolkit, Vuforia.
- Experience implementing a range of game styles and user experiences.
- Experience developing internal tools to speed development processes and enable designers.
- Strong C# and .NET knowledge in an object-oriented environment.
- Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as software development, game development or computer science.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio/MonoDevelop.
- Experience with the application of software design patterns.
- Awareness of software pipeline efficiencies.
- Good understanding of the importance of source control practices and fault tracking systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience with the GameSparks/PlayFab backend platforms.
- Experience developing for headset XR devices.
- Assisted in a process of training other developers in the learning of the Unity game engine.
- Ability to follow a self-determined project plan to deliver software in a timely manner.
- 3D/2D game asset design experience desirable but not a requirement.
GET IN TOUCH
Although we’re keen on qualifications, a good work portfolio can steal our hearts.
[At this stage we are not looking to work with recruiters or recruitment agencies, please don’t contact us for this role.]