Senior VFX Artist
Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior VFX Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead VFX Artist, Art Director and Art Production Director to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture
feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered
The Senior VFX Artist will report to the Lead VFX Artist
What will you do?
- Design, create and implement stunning VFX to enhance the dramatic performance of vehicles and characters and breathe life into our world
- Collaborate with Animation and Design to support gameplay requirements
- Work alongside the VFX Team and Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Precisely optimise in-game VFX to hit performance metrics finely balanced with visual quality
- Help design, construct, document and implement new pipelines and processes
- Help to support off-site development partners
- Assist in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3 published games
- Proven ability to create exceptional in-game VFX
- Exceptional knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- Strong understanding of particle systems, physics, shaders and post process effects
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you out?
- Understanding of Houdini
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept with this discipline
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!