Principal QA Analyst
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
As Principal QA Analyst you’ll be a vital part of FQA team supporting the QA Delivery & Deployment Manager to achieve organisational, technical and creative skills excellence by internal and external QA resources. You will build, maintain and share an expertise knowledgebase concerning all aspects of the project, helping your colleagues towards a deeper understanding of the systems and concepts they are testing.
QA Delivery & Deployment Manager
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Act as QA owner for assigned feature team(s) and point of contact for external and remote QA teams in specified game area
- Participate in development team stand-ups as QA feature owner and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Assist in planning based on road maps and schedules and define overall execution of project’s test strategy ensuring timelyand accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Continuously assess development plans to identify new testing tools, solutions and automation opportunities to promote defect prevention
- Identify & analyse data sources that could be used to improve QA testing practices and driving a culture of Risk Based Testing
- Train, mentor and empower internal team of QA Analysts
- Actively participate in requirement and design reviews of upcoming features
- Provide ongoing project risk analysis and report on progress status
- Demonstrate transparency and active communication with dev/feature teams and QA management
- Work with external test team to ensure high quality service delivery and identify areas for improving efficiency whilst maintaining accuracy
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years of QA experience in games industry
- Exceptional understanding of the QA process and testing terminology
- Great communication, risk analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent test planning, designing and writing skills
- Strong network and API testing skills
- Solid working knowledge of source control (e.g. Perforce) and CI (e.g. Jenkins) tools
- Experience with grey-box testing techniques.
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS WILL HELP YOU STAND OUT?
- Good working knowledge of UE4 editor and associated toolchains
- ISTQB certification
- Familiarity with test automation
- Experience with Games-as-a-service projects
- Cross-platform development experience
- Worked previously with offsite teams
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, Hansoft, Confluence, DevTest, TestRail, Perforce or Git.
- Understanding of data analysis & Risk Based Testing methodologies
- Experience working withagile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!