Software Engineer (Mid-Level)
Come build games with us! We're looking for an experienced UE4/C++ developer to help us build great new features, and take our successful fishing franchise in new directions. You'll have the opportunity to work on:
- Large online multiplayer games in cutting-edge open world environments
- Exciting gameplay features, built around skill, physics, exploration, and competition
- Simulation and rendering of water and other complex environmental effects
- Integration of the latest UE4 engine features
- Engine modifications to wring the last drops of performance for our titles
- Support for a range of existing and next-gen platforms
If these topics sound exciting, we'd love to hear from you! We also pride ourselves on providing great opportunities for career and leadership development. We minimise crunch, and we're now based at a brand-new fantastic river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK.
Currently all staff are working from home, however it will be considered for this role to be fully remote once the Chatham Office opens next year.
- Drive gameplay and systems development through all stages of production
- Implement game, engine, and tool features within schedule and to an exceptional quality
- Work hard within a closely-knit team to deliver to tight schedules
- Contribute toward a continual company-wide improvementin code quality and standards
- Support junior programmers
- Professional experience with UE4 (or similar)
- Professional, industry, programming experience, with C style languages (C++/C/C#/Java)
- Good software engineering skills, with an ability to program clearly, efficiently, and evolve your style and practices where required
- An understanding of relevant areas of mathematics (discrete, linear algebra, etc)
- Experience with profiling, analysis and optimisation
- A working knowledge of version control systems
- Degree in Game Development, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar
- A good knowledge of graphics, physics, animation, audio, and online systems
- Able to work with AI decision models such as behaviour trees
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.