Senior Technical Artist
Come and build games with us! We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to work within a passionate team to support engineers and artists, and help drive the company in new directions in visuals and procedural creation. You would be:
Helping us build cutting edge games within UE4, in huge open-world environments
- Working with graphics programmers and other technical artists on simulation and rendering of water and other complex environmental effects
- Helping us continue to build our Houdini procedural pipeline
- Exploring the latest UE4 engine features and pushing the limits of new-gen console platforms
- Supporting the asset creation pipeline, so assets can be easily integrated into each game without sacrificing the overall artistic vision or exceeding platform limits
If these topics sound exciting, we would love to hear from you! We also pride ourselves on providing great opportunities for career and leadership development. We minimise crunch, and we are based at a brand-new fantastic river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. This role will be considered fully UK based remote.
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient workflows, tools and pipelines for the art team
- Review current and emerging technologies and technical developments for inclusion in our games
- Assist with performance profiling and optimisation
- Be the missing link in communication of the art and programming tribes
- Strong technical proficiency in UE4, including materials and Blueprints
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) art pipelines
- Professional experience with Houdini
- Practical skills with profiling and optimisation, and establishing platform standards
- Drive to improve quality across our products
- Passion for games and a willingness to learn new skills
- Good documentation skills
- Understand the Principles of Animation
- Good knowledge of Cascade, Niagara, and lighting setup
- Understanding of Rigging fundamentals in Maya or 3DSMax
- Practical knowledge of 3D packages such as Maya, 3DsMax, and Zbrush
- Experience with C++ and/or Python
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech.
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.