Come and build games with us! We are looking for someone with a passion for games, performance, efficiency, and UE4!
At Dovetail, we are committed to building enthusiast-driven games based around:
- Large open-world online multiplayer environments
- Exciting gameplay, relying on skill, physics, exploration, and competition
- Accurate mechanical and natural simulations, built on our own simulation engine
- Cutting edge photo-realistic rendering and lighting techniques
- The latest UE4 releases and features
During this critical time between current and next-gen platforms, we are striving to improve performance, develop and optimise engine extensions, and adopt the latest UE4 features.
If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on providing great opportunities for career and leadership development. We minimise crunch, and we are based at a brand-new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. This position will be considered as UK based remote.
- Developing and maintaining tools for creating simulations of vehicle powertrains, including(but not limited to) electrical, mechanical and air systems as well as embedded control systems.
- Work with our vehicle setup team to create the interface between simulation variables and controls or displays in cab.
- Developing and maintaining simulation debugging tools to improve stability and accuracy of the vehicle simulation.
- Supportingand developing the current physics engine, and implementing cutting edge algorithms and optimisations.
- Innovate through mathematically rigorous solutions for simulated vehicles.
- Planning and estimating of work on their backlog.
- Flexibility to support other engineers and vehicle setup team if needed.
- Providing insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions.
- Professional experience with C++
- Excellent maths and physics skills
- Strong software engineering skills, with an ability to program clearly, efficiently, and evolve your style and practices where required
- Experience with profiling, analysis and optimisation
- A passion to deliver quality simulation software
- Degree in Game Development, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar
- Experience with simulation or physics systems in a game engine; including tools pipeline, performance optimization, behaviour, etc. Beneficial but not required
- Familiarity with the architecture and constraints of current-gen hardware, and an appreciation of the opportunities and constraints of the next
- A working knowledge of version control systems
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.