Senior Game Programmer (MY)
Senior Game Programmer (KL)
We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company - we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst still working on great gaming titles. Most recently we helped to bring Minecraft Dungeons and Rust: Console Edition to millions of players around the world.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Senior Game Programmer to join our studio in Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur (strategically placed at the heart of Kuala Lumpur). As a Senior Game Programmer at Double Eleven, you’ll be responsible for developing, motivating and managing a team of programmers while collaborating with other teams on the project.
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when it’s safe for our team to return, you’ll set up camp at our studio. Currently we’re working effectively remotely and we continue to assess the Covid-19 situation, with the safety of our staff as our top priority. We’re still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff and will provide you with everything you need to join remotely.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role. We can support MY relocation and have a dedicated People team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
We kindly ask all applicants to submit a portfolio to support their application. We’re afraid applications without an accompanying portfolio will not be considered.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- Help develop technical design specifications
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in the games industry.
- Excellent knowledge of C++, Visual Studio
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS
- Knowledge of C# & Unity is considered a major benefit
- Strong maths skills Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- A love of games
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects
All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN
- We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period.
- Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary which is regularly benchmarked against the market as well as an annual pay review as part of an appraisal
- Flexible start time (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours
- Up to10 free discretionary annual leave days during December (we’ve never not had these) + annual leave + gazetted public holiday + your birthday + a free moving day if needed
- Personal development plan designed in conjunction with you, your manager and our Training & Development Manager mapped against a clear progression framework
- Company private healthcare cover in-patient and out-patient for employee, spouse and children
- Potential for annual performance bonuses and an end of year bonus State of the art office facilities
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making to allow you thrive
- Free juice, hot drinks, fruit and monthly free team lunches
- Employee referral bonus (up to MYR5,000!)
- Opportunity to attend and speak at global events as a Double Eleven Ambassador
- Sponsored team activities
- In-studio wellbeing programmes and support
- Opportunity to contribute to our internal Employee Diversity and Equality Network
- Game swag and merchandise
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and dependent leave available
- Free on site parking
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that diverse developers make better games.
We believe that we're stronger as a team, and encourage an inclusive, secure, and collaborative workforce.
We believe that levelling the playing field creates a safe, accessible and open environment for a wide range of people from a wide range of backgrounds.
We believe that education and communication are the foundation of creating this environment.
We actively encourage and welcome applications from all walks of life and our offices are fully accessible.
Through integrity, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.
WHAT WE DO
Since we first opened our doors over 11 years ago, we’ve grown to over 200 people across 2 studios in the UK and Malaysia, continuing to put our people first as we move forward into a range of original and established IP. We’re lucky enough to work with some of the best developers and publishers in the world and we’re proud to be embarking on this journey with a diverse group of people, working on projects we enjoy but that also challenge us and push us out of our comfort zones to better ourselves.
We value our people and we value their time, striving for a work-life balance and offering a whole host of benefits to those who work for us. Our learning journey is never over, we invest in our people and offer regular training and development on both a company and individual level.
WAYS TO REACH US
If you have a general query or if you need support with your application and/or an alternative way to apply, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment team at [email protected]