Senior C# /.NET Developer (UK)
Senior C# /.NET Developer (UK)
We see ourselves as a new civilisation of people emerging to make the world of gaming better. We’re a different breed of games company - we do things our own way in our own style, not necessarily following what’s been done before.
Our people are at the heart of our evolution and we nurture them to be their best. Without them our vision would fail.
We strive to avoid crunch, overtime is optional and always paid, and we offer flexible working hours to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst still working on great gaming titles. Most recently, we helped to bring Minecraft Dungeons and Rust: Console Edition to millions of players around the world.
We’re growing rapidly and as a result we’re looking for a Senior C# / .NET Developer to join our studio in Middlesbrough (UK), home to the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline and countryside.
As a Senior C#/.NET Developer at Double Eleven, you’ll be responsible for working on our applications and systems that utilise C# / .Net, including updating existing code and writing new applications to assist in the development of our games.
You don’t need to come from the games industry to apply!
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when it’s safe for our team to return to the studio, you’ll set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough, UK. Currently we’re working effectively remotely and we continue to assess the Covid-19 situation, with the safety of our staff as our top priority. We’re still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff and will provide you with everything you need to join remotely.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role.
Examples of work would be useful or code perhaps hosted in GitHub.
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Helping to create beautiful games
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working with experienced teams in the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work with every discipline across development to make sure our apps and games perform great on and offline
- Define and develop robust networking code that leads the field
- Delight players with fantastic online performance. Helping Juniors with knowledge sharing
- Investigate, update, and apply fixes as required Working with the client and/or stakeholder to gather requirements, explain technical decisions and processes where necessary
- Regularly report progress and issues
- Technical analysis of requirements and making architectural and implementation decisions
- Code reviews to ensure quality
- Continually improve our in-house tools
- Suggest and assist with automation wherever possible to increase efficiency Identify and suggest key areas of improvement throughout the systems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Professional experience developing in C# / .NET
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or MariaDB programmer
- Knowledge of Cloud Services(AWS) experience such as EC2, RDS, S3 and IAM
Useful but not required
- Knowledge of command line. Knowledge of other databases
- Knowledge of SCM/CI/CD/Ansible and Docker
- General knowledge of video game production
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Knowledge of K8S
All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary which is regularly benchmarked against the market and an annual pay review as part of an appraisal
- Flexible start time (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours Up to 40 days of holiday in total; 10 free discretionary annual leave days during the December holiday break (we’ve never not had these) + 20 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday + your birthday + a free moving day if needed
- 3 additional days annual leave for 5 years service and a further 3 days annual leave added for your epic 10 years service milestone
- Personal development plan designed in conjunction with you, your manager and our Training & Development Manager. Plus clear progression framework
- Vitality Private Healthcare for you and your family (upon the successful completion of a probationary period)
- Potential for annual performance bonuses and end of year bonuses
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making to allow you thrive
- State of the art office facilities i.e. VR set up, games room
- Free juice, hot drinks, fruit and monthly free team lunches
- Cycle scheme Employee referral bonus (up to £2000!)
- UK relocation package which includes financial compensation and one to one support finding accommodation / schools etc
- Opportunity to attend and speak at global events as a Double Eleven Ambassador
- Many free parties celebrating game launches, winter break and summer (post-covid) In-studio wellbeing programmes and support
- Opportunity to contribute to our internal Employee Diversity and Equality Network
- Free game codes, game swag and merchandise Free on site parking Team charity events
- Sponsored studio activities such as Football, Game Jams and any new suggestions are always considered
- Maternity, paternity, shared parental, adoption and dependent leave available
- Rewards and discounts available from Vitality health scheme
- Pension match contribution
- Excellent employee rating on Glassdoor
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that diverse developers make better games
- We believe that we're stronger as a team, and encourage an inclusive, secure and collaborative workforce
- We believe that levelling the playing field creates a safe, accessible and open environment for a wide range of people from a wide range of backgrounds
- We believe that education and communication are the foundation of creating this environment
- We actively encourage and welcome applications from all walks of life and our offices are fully accessible
- Through integrity, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love
WHAT WE DO
Since we first opened our doors over 11 years ago, we’ve grown to over 200 people across 2 studios in the UK and Malaysia, continuing to put our people first as we move forward into a range of original and established IP. We’re lucky enough to work with some of the best developers and publishers in the world and we’re proud to be embarking on this journey with a diverse group of people, working on projects we enjoy but that also challenge us and push us out of our comfort zones to better ourselves.
We value our people and we value their time, striving for a work-life balance and offering a whole host of benefits to those who work for us. Our learning journey is never over, we invest in our people and offer regular training and development on both a company and individual level
WAYS TO REACH US
If you have a general query or if you need support with your application and/or an alternative way to apply, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment team at @[email protected]