C++ Programmer (UK)
Would you be interested in helping to create beautiful video games? You’ll work in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases. We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime, it’s always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when our team returns to the studio, you’ll set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough, UK. Currently Double Eleven is working effectively remotely and we continue to assess the Covid-19 situation, with the safety of our staff as our top priority.
We’re still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff and will provide you with everything you need to join remotely. Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- Help develop technical design specifications
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 3 years of video games industry experience
- Extensive experience with C / C++
- Experience working in custom video games engines across multiple platforms
- Experience working on current or next generation consoles
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS (NOT NEEDED TO APPLY)
- Strong maths skills Knowledge of other programming languages such as C#, Python etc
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- A love of games
- All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period.
Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- State of the art office facilities
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
- Cycle scheme
- UK relocation package and one to one support finding accommodation etc
- Opportunity to attend and speak at global events as a Double Eleven Ambassador
- Many free parties including our Christmas and Summer events (post-covid)
- In-studio wellbeing programmes and support
- Opportunity to contribute to our internal Employee Diversity and Equality Network
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz. From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry.
Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.