This is a full-time position based in the Middlesbrough office however could be onboarded remotely initially due to COVID.
We are always keen to receive expressions of interest for this position and we will review all applications as and when we receive them.
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Playing a key role in the creation of beautiful games
- Joining a company where you can grow as part of a team
- Working within a structured organisation but where your opinion still counts
- Helping to shape the way we grow our business and become better at what we do
- Working with a team that has a great reputation in the industry, working only on projects they can do a great job of
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Build Engineer at Double Eleven.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and from what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
We are looking to grow our highly experienced, highly technical team with a full time Build / Automation Engineer working in-house.
Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
Experience in video game development is desirable but not a necessity however this role does require some programming experience.
- Work as part of a small but perfectly formed close-knit team, where your opinion and efforts count
- Setting up new projects on our continuous integration and build farms
- Maintaining existing projects on continuous integration and build farms
- Work with other developers to streamline build processes
- Work with our IT department on troubleshooting problems with network / hardware
- Setup Automated tests on numerous games to help lessen the load on our test team
- Setup soak tests for games designed to find bugs faster
- Be responsible for maximising the use of our current build hardware and planning capacity for the future
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge / experience in high level scripting languages such as Python, Groovy and Java
- Basic knowledge of C/C++/C# to diagnose build failures and report to the necessary teams
- Comfortable working in PC, MAC & Linux operating systems and environments
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems
- Experience using Jenkins
- Experience using TeamCity
- Knowledge of application build processes for Unity, Unreal and standard C++ applications
- Good understanding of artifacts and packaging
- Experience of distributed build systems such as Incredibuild or SNDBS
- Experience with VM’s, Docker, Kubernetes or similar
- A strong interest in video games
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.
To apply please email us via the button below with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.