Business Intelligence Analyst
Dots is a mobile gaming company with three mobile hits so far (Dots, Two Dots, and Dots & Co), and over 100 million installs. We’re a growing team of multi-talented people with big plans for more games in the future and we’re looking to add more dynamic people to the team.
We are searching for a deep analytical thinker with great intuition that can translate product experiences and marketing efforts into business metrics (and vice versa). This role will be part of the product team responsible for pushing initiatives to find new opportunities for audience and revenue growth. Candidates should have a strong interest in data, analyzing human behavior, and be perpetually curious about what can improve the business.
The ideal candidate has strong experience working with large data sets, highly competent with SQL and other data visualization tools, communicates well and has an inherent interest in games. Familiarity with the puzzle and other casual genres, including the systems that power those games, is a strong plus. The person in the role can expect to work very closely with the Product, User Acquisition and Data teams to analyze performance, communicate and evangelize findings, and engage in debate on decisions we will make to grow the business.
This role is full-time and will be based in our NYC office. The team is currently operating on a remote basis until it will be safe to return to the offices.
- Understand F2P business models and underlying KPIs
- Conduct quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights that impact revenue, retention, and reach
- Collaborate with the User Acquisition team to identify successful acquisition campaigns and increase efficiency for our marketing spend
- Work with Product/Game teams to analyze new feature impact and state of the business to inform prioritization of features and initiatives that will grow player LTV
- Help design and implement A/B tests to gain valuable insights on player behavior and KPI’s
- Create dashboards in tools like Tableau, etc. for stakeholder consumption
- Prepare and present regular updates on metrics and trends
- Highly proficient in SQL and Excel; Proficiency in Python a plus
- Experience with BI tools for creating dashboards and visualizations (Tableau preferred)
- Experience with modern data warehouses
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with the ability to translate qualitative considerations into quantitative discussions
- Strong prior experience delivering insights to stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good business and product intuition
- A passion and knowledge for video games, particularly mobile free to play titles
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.