Software Development Engineer (Summer 2021)
The world is changing as we know it. It’s more important than ever that communications and entertainment services are available to users to connect wherever they may be. Here at Dolby, our mission is to enable experiences that transcend expectations and reach the spectacular. We need your creative solutions and diverse thought. The Dolby U internship program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders.
Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For any student seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, we invite you to join us in continuing to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Join us on the Exploratory Engineering team! You will be an individual contributor on a collaborative team, finding innovative ways to employ Dolby's audio technology products to address new consumer, computer, and communication opportunities.
Integrate Dolby Atmos audio codec and processing technology components into OS media, content streaming, and game audio pipelines
Use your creative instincts to prototype new user experiences
- Demonstrable proficiency in C/C++ working with audio or video processing libraries
- Demonstrable proficiency in software test development and automated test frameworks
- Demonstrable proficiency in Python
- An understanding of continuous integration/continuous delivery principles and practices
- Familiarity with Scrum or Kanban principles and practices
- Familiarity with the open-source community, including libraries, licenses, and best practices
- Familiarity with gaming content creationtools, such as Unity and Unreal game editors
- Effusive passion for movies, music, and video games
- Working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree in software development, or demonstrates equivalent experience; recent grads who are within 1 year of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work full-time Monday–Friday for 3-months between May/June 2021–August/September 2021.
- Start dates for the internship are as follows: (*note* these dates are not flexible):
- Monday, May 24, 2021
- Monday, June 14, 2021
- Monday, June 21, 2021
- COVID UPDATE: This internship will be remote until further notice. Should conditions change, and we can safely allow employees to return to our campuses, there is a possibility of returning to onsite work
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.