Senior Solutions Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As part of Dolby’s Solutions Engineering organization, you will be required to provide solutions engineering support to streaming service providers, broadcast operators and post-production houses on Dolby technology encoding and playback across multiple platforms including STB’s, mobile phones, DMAs, living room devices, PCs and others.
You will manage technical and solutions support for all partners & prospects in the region with a thorough understanding of Dolby technologies, and help to build a sales pipeline which will deliver against Dolby’s over-all business goals in the emerging markets region. This position will be based in Dolby Mumbai office.
- Directly handle engineering support on encoding, distribution and playback of Dolby Technologies in Broadcast / OTT streaming services
- Interaction with various groups within Dolby to resolve broadcast and streaming technical challenges and resolution on behalf of Dolby enabled ecosystems across Broadcast and OTT/streaming
- Deliver training on Dolby technologies in Broadcast / OTT streaming to existing and prospective partners
- Deliver system-level integration, trouble-shooting, analysis and advice to existing and potential customers with clear documentation
- Provide pre-sales technical support in direct account meetings and customer visits
- Establish and own the relationships with technical contacts at existing and prospective customers and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with Dolby’s engineering support
- Manage the day-to-day communication in defined market areas on technical issues, communicating with Dolby’s Tier 2 support and Engineering teams at headquarters and in other regions and following-up outstanding technical issues both internally and with customers
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events to keep abreast of industry developments, promote and demonstrate Dolby technologies and examine the potential of new markets for Dolby technologies.
- Leverage customer meetings to gather intelligence about customers’ end product plans, product requirements and sharing data with relevant internal Dolby teams. Interface with Dolby Engineering and Marketing to provide input and suggestions for new products and features, based on customer needs and competitive information
- Engineering background in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Science Engineering
- 4-6 years of overall relevant work experience in OTT media workflows
- Experience in encoding/decoding & muxing / demuxing multimedia data containers such as MPEG2 TS, MP4
- Experience working with OTT live / VOD Delivery Formats and technologies as DASH, HLS, encryption/DRM, ISOBMFF and MPEG2-TS TCP/IP protocols
- Object-oriented language proficiency particularly in C++ and Python
- Proficiency in reading / debugging shell scripting
- Experience with Network packet analyser such as Wireshark and good understanding of Network protocols
- Good knowledge of audio basics and audio / video codecs
- Understanding of Digital / Analog Audio, Broadcast Specifications, Audio Signal Processing and Acoustics preferred (Perceptual Coding, Lossless codecs, sound tuning, post-processing algorithms)
- Good knowledge of a Media Player Framework of iOS, Android, Microsoft OS or a TV/STB/Game Console Media architecture and Playback is preferred
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities when working on complex problems.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, deliver technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promoting the value proposition of Dolby audio and video technologies to customers
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key business issues to senior management
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Ability to be the technical lead for sales-orientated technical presentations and demonstrations to customers’ technical staff and senior management
- Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Have a high level of global communication skills required for co-working with team members in various regions including HQ in San Francisco, Korea and China
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interest in music, audio/video production, recording engineering, game/film audio or acoustics highly desirable
- Position will require extensive domestic and some international travel
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is the only one who will see your application.