Product Manager, Trust & Safety
Discord is your place to talk. Whether you're part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, millions of people use Discord every day to create connections, hang out, and talk.
At the heart of Discord's communities is Safety. The Safety team at Discord is responsible for ensuring users find belonging by minimizing exposure to spam and other forms of platform abuse. We are excited to find others passionate about making sure Discord is a safe and welcoming place for our users and hope you can join us on this mission.
We're looking for a Product Manager reporting to our Sr. Director of Product Management to join us and lead this important area. You will responsible for creating a vision, building systems and features, and ideating creative solutions to advance our mission towards Safety at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Drive the product philosophy, vision, and roadmap to detect and prevent abuse on Discord
- Define and own performance against key business metrics and proactively report progress against those goals to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, data scientists, ML, security, legal, policy and trust and safety analysts to keep our users and communities safe from abuse (including spam).
- Advise product teams across Discord on how to ensure products can’t be used maliciously and that appropriate preventative measures are built from the start.
- Drive cross-functional execution with growth, security, anti-abuse and product teams to minimize impact of abuse on our users. This work spans machine learning solutions to heuristics to building delightful features in-app.
- Propose projects that anticipate upcoming product needs to stop abuse that will work at Discord scale and helping drive the vision for preventing abuse on Discord.
What you should have
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Passionate about Discord and about keeping users safe from abuse (including spam)
- 5+ years experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 3-5+ years product management experience.
- Proven track record of shipping products from design to deployment.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding Discord and our users
- Strong analytical ability to quickly organize and leverage data to make informed product decisions with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Sufficient technical domain expertise to drive alignment on technical requirements with Anti-Abuse, ML and Security stakeholders.
- Previous work in Spam, Abuse or Trust & Safety or passion in learning.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Strong sense of delightful UI and UX design.