Product Manager, Games
Arizona - California - Colorado - Florida - Georgia - Illinois - Maryland - Michigan - Nevada - New Jersey - New York - North Carolina - Oregon - Pennsylvania - Texas - Virginia - Washington
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our internal Games R&D team here at Discord! Discord Games R&D has a huge opportunity to engage the entire Discord user base with quality, seamless and fun social games. As a Product Manager, you will be a driving force behind product direction from pre-production all the way through post-launch support. You will need the ability to know which questions need to be asked, and a tenacious desire to answer them by using data analysis and collaboration.
The projects we're working on are experimental and have the potential to experience explosive growth. We're looking for someone who is willing, able and excited to face those challenges head on!.
- Partner with Game Design, Engineering, and Production leads to help guide product development.
- Provide important input to set all of our priorities.
- Determine what constitutes success for a released product.
- Analyze real-time data and propose concrete solutions for improving retention, monetization and overall user experience throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Deconstruct competitive offerings in the market, formulate insights and use them to advise future product direction.
- Look for, learn and share new data analysis tools/techniques.
- Identify potential risks and liabilities to ensure products are on time while meeting the needs of our user base.
- Communicate with both internal game team leadership and Discord execs to ensure our products are aligned with Discord's overall mission.
- Help improve monetization features for our games.
- Appreciate the uniqueness of others regarding discipline, gender, race and ethnicity
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Worked on live service games
- Experience with data analysis and statistics, and how best to apply those tools to inform product decisions
- Exhibits sound product knowledge, ability to create product strategy and present clear measurable goals that lead to achieving our business goals
- Understand and enjoy the fluidity of "finding the fun" in game development
- Experience with Mixpanel and Chartio
- Familiarity with Unity and Unreal game engines
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance (options for individual and/or family, including One Medical membership for health) and Disability benefits
- Commuter subsidies, healthcare and/or Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 4 weeks of PTO (alongside 14 paid holidays and use-what-you-need sick days)
- Parental Leave
- Well-being programs, including fitness allowance (we have yoga once a week in our office!)
- 401(K) plans
- Catered lunches Monday-Friday and a fully-stocked kitchen (snacks and beverages galore!)
- Regular company and team social events such as game nights, happy hours and events
- An annual desk fund to make your space truly yours
- Headphone allowance
- Internal Learning and Development workshops to help with continued personal and professional growth
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.