(Closed) Graphic Designer
The Discord family is looking for a graphic designer with one or two hands for the creation and finalization of a large range of creative projects, which includes developing conceptual sketches to high-quality final work that resolves the communication challenge of the task. Final art needs to stay on schedule and match our current aesthetic and quality levels. Actually, if you can draw with your feet we'll be more impressed.
Anyway, as a member of the design team, you'll help inform how we communicate the brand of Discord to the world and support the creative development of all of our marketing needs. We are a friendly, collaborative team who focus on creating high-quality experiences that grow Discord above everything else. And memes.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with the Design and Marketing teams to execute compelling social, logo art, icons, and gif animations.
- Collaborate with designers, product/project managers, and other stakeholders for feedback.
- Establish and communicate consistent visuals and standards across the company's entire brand.
- Must meet deadlines, and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
What you should have
- A portfolio showcasing relevant work.
- Solid vector illustration skills.
- Strong fundamental design skills, including knowledge of typography, composition, and color.
- Self-motivated individual with the drive to create design concepts with minimal oversight and evolving them over the course of the project, while still being able to take creative direction from managers and clients.
- Up to date with current design technologies and trends.
- Can provide multiple creative solutions to problems.
- Great attention to detail, while having open mind for creativity.
- Brand guideline creation experience a bonus.
- Deep understanding of sarcasm.
- 4+ years of design/production experience with an ad agency or in-house design team; ideally in tech or gaming industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design (preferred)
- 3+ years experience with designing digital media formats using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Sketch a plus.
- You aren't too old for toys
- You are too old for toys