ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Dimensional Ink Games (Austin, TX)
Dimensional Ink Games (DIG) is a Daybreak Game Company studio located in northwest Austin with a view of rolling hillsides. Our studio is centered around bringing comic adventures to life. You own your destiny in our games, and in your career here. We are a team that believes in passionately working towards our goals. Our core goal is developing DC Universe Online, and we plan to continue making it one of the best superhero video games available. We are building teams as diverse as our ideas, and you are invited to join in the adventure with us as we explore new worlds and characters year-round!
At DIG, we live our values every day; these values guide our culture and shape how we approach each other and our work:
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don't do something just because it's always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
The Senior Programmer, Gameplay position is responsible for building out exciting game systems and features to bring our team's vision to life for our players in the Programming department for our unannounced project at Dimensional Ink Studios reporting to the Technical Director.
This position will be responsible for:
- Collaborating side by side with designers, artists, and programmers, to design, implement and iterate game systems (e.g. combat, AI, quests, items, etc.)
- Building and maintaining tools for development
What craft expertise you'll have:
- Tools/Technology /Knowledge
- Required: Strong C++ programming ability, development for console and PC
- Desired: Unreal 4
- Craft Experience
- Required: Solid understanding of asynchronous programming techniques and pitfalls
- Desired: Hands on experience implementing game systems for server based multiplayer games, experience playing/developing combat based multiplayer games
- Years of Experience: 5+ years animation for games preferred
- Desired: Strong experience developing for a live product, 1 shipped MMO, Action or RPG title preferred
- Additionally, you should possess
- Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Growth Mindset
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience!
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company's People & Culture team at [email protected] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**