Manager, People and Culture
Dimensional Ink Games (Austin, TX)
Dimensional Ink Games (DIG) is a Daybreak Game Company studio located in northwest Austin with a view of rolling hillsides. Our studio is centered around bringing comic adventures to life. You own your destiny in our games, and in your career here. We are a team that believes in passionately working towards our goals. Our core goal is developing DC Universe Online, and we plan to continue making it one of the best superhero video games available. We are building teams as diverse as our ideas, and you are invited to join in the adventure with us as we explore new worlds and characters year-round!
At DIG, we live our values every day; these values guide our culture and shape how we approach each other and our work:
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don't do something just because it's always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
The People and Culture Manager is responsible for managing the company's HR plans in ways that support our mission and overall strategy in the People and Culture Department for Dimensional Ink and Standing Stone games. Reporting to the CEO of the Austin studio, this position will be responsible for:
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation etc.)
- Develop plans for organizational growth structure
- Develop and implement performance/change management plans
- Collaborate with the People and Culture team in the home office
- Decide and act on initiatives for equal opportunity, diversity, etc.
- Assume responsibility of labor and employee relations
- Ensure all procedures comply with regulations and best practices
- Analyze the effectiveness of HR operations and policies
- Re-engineer processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
- Provide input on workforce and succession planning as well as plans business unit restructuring
- Provide proactive support, coaching and consultation in the development and implementation of key business and HR objectives and initiatives that affect human capital management and development, improve organizational performance, managerial and organizational capabilities.
- Act as point of contact and coordinate all disciplinary and grievance queries.
- Partner with management to explain and illustrate various HR policies, procedures, and legal regulations.
- Ensure accurate employee records maintenance
- Drive end to end employee life cycle management from onboarding to offboarding
- Plan, organize, and control activities and actions of the HR department including oversight of department goals, objectives, systems and budget
What craft expertise you'll have:
- Proven experience as HR Manager or similar HR role within games
- Experience with performance/change management
- Experience managing and administering HRIS, ATS systems and maintaining HR intranet
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HR / OD consulting / counselling, leadership, coaching, facilitation, project management, labor relations, grievance management, and employment law
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Tools/Technology knowledge
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking
- Years of Experience, Education, Certification
- BS/BA in business, HR, social sciences or related field; MSc/MA/MBA is preferable
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience including 5+ years in HR management at companies with over 100 employees
- Certification (e.g. PHR/SPHR) is a plus
- Additionally, you should possess
- Strong communication
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint functionalities
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience!
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company's People & Culture team at [email protected] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**