Senior Manager, Partnerships Activation
Job Title: Senior Manager, Partnerships Activation
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Director, Partnerships Activation
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
About New Meta Entertainment and Dignitas
New Meta Entertainment, Inc (“NME”) is a leading digital sports and entertainment company focused on the gaming industry. NME is the parent company of Dignitas Esports, LLC (“Dignitas”). Dignitas is one of the most storied and most recognized brand names in esports. Formed in 2003, the team has gone on to produce thirty-five world champions and eighteen world championships. Dignitas is the renowned esports franchise with an ownership group led by Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, which also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and NHL’s New Jersey Devils. Our other top investors are Fertitta Entertainment, owners of the Houston Rockets, and Delaware North, owners of the Boston Bruins.
New Meta Entertainment is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Dignitas is looking for a Senior Manager of Partnership Activation to ensure planning, execution, and success across dedicated sponsorship and partnership accounts. This candidate is responsible for developing and executing clearly defined marketing and activation plans that develop brand equity while delivering commercial success, in addition to maintaining prioritization between client-focused and management-focused tasks. This role highly focuses on the ability to retain & inspire our existing corporate partners. This role develops and implements strategies that grow key business initiatives and deliver elevated communication platforms across the digital sports and entertainment landscape. This role is highly collaborative across the organization and plays a significant role in customer relationship development. The ideal candidate will be an expert at delivering client service and satisfaction.
- Managing and fulfilling sponsorship accounts
- Managing junior account staff as needed and assisting on non-owned sponsorship accounts
- Planning, coordinating, and executing sponsor events, including promotions, hospitality, community programs, media, and signage
- Monitoring program effectiveness against partner objectives and KPIs
- Develop and implement activation plans consistent with partner’s business objectives
- Ensure that the budgets, goals, forecasting, client prospecting and marketing commitments developed for each client are being met and are increasing business opportunities
- Continuously leverage consumer insights, competitor activity, and marketplace trends to deliver relevant, engaging, and successful programs
- Cultivate collaborative and positive relationships with internal and external clients Proactively identifying opportunities to enhance activation assets, plans, and processes to deliver partner results.
- Maintaining partner deliverable spreadsheets as well as significant contract items, i.e. termination rights, purchase obligations, etc.
Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience with brands or direct partnerships/sponsorships from a professional sports or esports organization, league, or agency
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Must be creative, strategic, highly organized with strong project management skills
- A proactive problem solver
- Superior customer service
- Self-confident, resilient and enthusiasm
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within the company
- Strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
- Minimal travel required (<5% time). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- This position generally requires that work be performed from the Dignitas Headquarters in Los Angeles, CA, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary to commensurate with experience
- Multiple health, dental & vision insurance plans to choose from with generous company subsidy
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability policies
- 401(k) match program
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Over 12 company paid holidays a year