(Closed) Director of Media
The Director will lead all creative content creation – livestreams, long form, short form, and video on demand media – and will develop and implement the team’s video content strategy. This position will collaborate with marketing and sponsorship teams to plan and execute customized, fan-engaging video content for YouTube, social media channels, live stream and sponsor obligations.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a passion for esports and has experience owning the entire project lifecycle of a video series.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Use talent and imagination to create all original content for Dignitas, including production of videos for livestreams, long form, short form and video on demand media
- Manage a team of editors, freelancers and streamers
- Develop engaging, repeatable content series that cross game genres and communities
- Collaborate with production team, marketing team, sponsor activation team, graphic designers and social media team to create or fulfill social media and live stream needs
- Edit video footage in a timely manner, while facilitating and implementing feedback throughout the process
- Film and deliver top quality video featuring our players, influencers and brands which supports the brand’s identity and strategy
- Run livestreamed content out of the Dignitas Headquarters
- Build a narrative or storyboard for all video projects
- Manage projects from concept to completion
- Maintain video files in a shared, organized file structure
Qualifications (educational, experience, & basic knowledge requirements):
- 5+ years of professional filming and editing experience
- Be well versed in editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut, etc.)
- Proficient working in both a collaborative environment and autonomously
- Strong organizational and communicative skills
- Ability to work with quick deadlines and outside of normal 9-5 hours
- Extremely creative, with the ability to conceptualize innovative ideas
- Knowledgeable about newest video trends and content series, especially regarding esports teams, sports teams or influencers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Will need to work out of the offices at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ
About Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do.