Software Engineer I - Pipeline and Tools
DigitalFish has an immediate need for a Software Engineer with professional games, VFX, or animation production experience.
As a software engineer with DigitalFish, you will develop next-generation technologies that define the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users. DigitalFish has long been a trusted partner of leading digital media companies, and we are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Facebook, Google, Pixar, DreamWorks, Activision, LEGO, Disney/ESPN, NASA and many others.
At DigitalFish, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help lead this invention of the future of design, entertainment and play on multiple fronts.
Ideal candidates will have 4-6 years relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
- Design, develop, test and support DCC plugins, level editor features, and/or improvements to core C++ libraries that support those tools.
- Work closely with experts in animation and graphics technology while creating future production pipelines
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams including artists, animators, storytellers, and game designers to provide artist-accessible tools and enable new content-creation pipelines
- Meet project priorities, deadlines and deliverables while aligning with other team members and project management in an agile environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 4-6 years of experience engineering in C++ and Python, and strong development and debugging skills
- 3+ years experience in a large-scale project for film, games, VFX, TV or VR
- Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly in new code bases and software development environments
- Familiarity with tools and processes used in digital production such as scene graphs (USD), file formats (FBX, Alembic), and pipeline concepts
- Familiarity with plugin SDK for major DCCs (e.g., Autodesk Maya, Houdini) or comparable experience with level editors (Unreal)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity per qualifications
- Full benefits with excellent health plan
- Ability to influence product and features built on cutting-edge technologies
- Enormous opportunity for learning and professional growth
- Work with a well-respected, creative and talented group of experts in graphics and animation
We fully support telecommuting during these times. This is a full-time position on-site at the DigitalFish offices in San Mateo. It may also involve working off-site with our partners.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time. We are an equal opportunity employer and are hiring immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!