UI Technical Director
We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the creative game Mirror's Edge.
The DICE UI team creates the layer between fiction and reality and our mission to immerse players makes the journey challenging and fun. At DICE, nothing is impossible and if a feature makes the experience better for our players we can make it happen.
It takes passionate people to make outstanding games and we want to offer you a place to thrive and develop both short and long term. Our UI team is kind, caring and inclusive. We look forward to welcoming you as an important member of our team.
Technical Director - UI
We are looking for a Technical Director within the UI domain who is passionate about making great games within a collaborative team of experienced developers. Reporting to the game technical director, you will enable the UI team to deliver world class features while setting the future direction for the UI technology stack. As Technical Director, you will work with other product leaders and technical partners as a technical expert for the game team.
You have extensive experience working in the UI domain in game development. You can communicate complex ideas in simple-to-understand ways, you have knowledge of software engineering practices, and you have a high technical aptitude. You are able to balance strategic thinking and tactical direction to bring and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
- Set project technical standards for us to achieve and maintain technical quality throughout production.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Improve team efficiency through identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Understand the business needs of the project and apply technical and management skill to meet goals
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners and EA central groups
- Help establish the product vision and manage expectations for production and design
- Partner with Development Directors on development processes and planning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- Manage and enable outsourcing
- 8+ years software development experience
- Leadership experience developing and launching games or running a large-scale live service
- Solid knowledge of game UI technology
- Expertise in C++
- Experience working with remote teams
- A love for making and playing games
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.